LANCASTER, Pa. -- Swarthmore women's lacrosse senior Sadie Camilliere and Dickinson men's track & field senior Adam Gamber are the recipients of the 2020 Centennial Conference Scholar-Athlete of the Year awards.
The Centennial recognizes a Scholar-Athlete of the Year in each of its 24 championship sports to a junior or senior member of the All-Conference team with the highest cumulative grade point average. The overall Scholar-Athletes of the Year are presented to the student with the highest GPA among the 12 men and 12 women's winners.
Camilliere, a defender for the Garnet women's lacrosse team, is the first Swarthmore student-athlete to receive overall Scholar-Athlete of the Year honors in the five-year history of the award. She earned the Scholar-Athlete of the Year award for women's lacrosse for the second season in a row this spring. A psychology and linguistics double major, Camilliere was a member of the All-Centennial Second Team in 2019. She concluded her career ranked ninth all-time in caused turnovers in Swarthmore program history.
Gamber, a pole vaulter, becomes the first Dickinson student-athlete to garner overall Scholar-Athlete of the Year accolades since the award was established in 2015-16. The Red Devil senior became the first-ever four-time recipient of the award this spring, having secured the honor each of the last two years during both the indoor and outdoor track & field seasons. Gamber is a seven-time All-Centennial pole vaulter, as he collected all-conference honors at each championship meet in which he competed. He captured gold at the 2019 indoor meet to claim All-Centennial First Team honors, and landed on both the second team and honorable mention teams three times each.
Scholar-Athlete of the Year Award Recipients
- 2016: Brad Brooks, swimming, McDaniel; Anna Inserra, lacrosse, Washington College
- 2017: James Stadler, cross country/track, Haverford; Elizabeth Garrison, volleyball, Muhlenberg
- 2018: Nick Zambelli, football, Moravian; Taylor Bauman, volleyball, McDaniel; Julia Portmann, swimming, Washington College
- 2019: Ben Frost, lacrosse, Haverford; Taylor Bauman, volleyball, McDaniel
- 2020: Adam Gamber, track & field, Dickinson; Sadie Camilliere, lacrosse, Swarthmore